I have been collecting makeup since 2007. If I'm not mistaken, I first started with a Fraulein eyeshadow palette which I must say, for someone who is just starting is perfect because it's cheap and has all the eyeshadows you possibly could want and extremely cheap. The down side is pretty obvious lasting power, which is decent if you use a primer first. I then moved on and started buying different brands. I got 3 palettes from Avon and from them I only I used the mocha latte palette which has 2 matte browns and 2 shimmery shadows. I used this palette a lot until I purchased my first ever Mac eyeshadows.
My Mac eyeshadow purchases..
As I walked into Harvey Nichols I was super duper excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on them. I knew what shades I wanted before I got there, did all the research and swatch testing before hand, saved up and then purchased because honestly speaking £10 per shadow is not cheap! I got Carbon, Mystery, Patina and Ricepaper. I definitely wanted a black and brown so those 2 are the ones I chose. I wanted to also use my shadows for brows so I could get more use out of them. I bought a quad palette to put them in obviously. I wanted patina because that's my ultimate favorite from Mac, very versatile, perfect for everyday use but it can also be layered with a few coats and smoke with mystery and carbon use ricepaper as a highlight and in the inner corner and bam your smokey eyes are ready! Then over the years expanded my Mac collection I didn't do it over night, honestly spent a lot of money and so did my husband as some are gifts from him. And if I'm truly honest after my first 4 shadows I got the rest when there was like 10% or 15% off (disount only happens at debnhams, that's where I get mine from) because who doesn't love discount??
Let me know if you guys want to see any swatches I will happily do a blog post on that.
Here are pictures of my entire collection of eyeshadows which includes the following brands:
Let me know if you guys want to see any swatches I will happily do a blog post on that.
Here are pictures of my entire collection of eyeshadows which includes the following brands:
- Mac
- Urban Decay
- Charlotte Tilbury
- Avon
- Fraulein
- Zoeva
- Sleek
- MakeupGeek
- Illamasqua
- Artist of Makeup
- Anastasia Beverly Hills
Lots of Love x
The Laze One


This post is so refreshing .. I keep reading it over and over again, I think I should go shopping for eyshadows soon lol :D
ReplyDeletewww.makeupforlunch.blogspot.com
thank you xx
Delete