Sunday, 10 August 2014

My Skincare Routine

Hey all you beauties! 



Today I am going to take you through my skincare routine. It's a long one. 

Firstly, let's talk about the exfoliator (although I cleanse first) I use Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator. It's very gentle just as the name suggests and has naturally active ingredients like eucalyptus and cocoa butter. It has jojoba beads which are so fine and exfoliate the skin without being harsh at all, as I've experienced some exfoilators that can be quite harsh. I exfoliate many times a week as this one is very light and prefect for my skin. This is recommended for all skin types except for sensitive skin. I also use Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask when my skin needs that extra lift on those awful dull days I have. It contains organic aloe vera, white clay, toning witch hazel, camphor oil and almond oil. I normally leave it on for about a minute and then use the hot muslin cloth to wipe away excess and then wash my face with warm water. I use the hot muslin cloth for both these products. 
 

Now, moving on to cleansing and toning, which I do twice a day, morning and night. It is super important to cleanse your face in the night beacause you have all the dirt/makeup on your face from during the day. I use the Ren Gentle Cleansing Milk (I also use the Bioderma Crealine H2O to remove my makeup), which is for sensitive skin. I have dry/normal skin but recently I've had some issues with my skin and has become a little sensitive plus it works on my skin. This is an amazing product which is so gentle on my skin and leaves it feeling calm and soft. It feels like a hydrating lotion and has a slight scent which isn't bad or over powering. Next I use another Liz Earle product the Instant Boost Skin Tonic OMG this the the best toner I have used... It has the most amazing floral rose scent to die for! Which leaves the skin refreshed, soothing and beautiful. It has aloe vera to calm irritation and brighten the skin, cucumber, calendula, rose scented geranium and vitamin e. If you don't like floral rose scent you might not like this product. 
 















I'm also including my bubblegum lip scrub from lush! This little jar of scrub has been a saviour for me on many occasions! Once I started using this I have never tried any other lip scrubs as I'm so happy with the results it gives. It smells amazing (like all lush products) total candy floss, leaves my dry, chapped lips soft as hell. (note if you don't like candy, sweetie smells this may not be for you). Although it says lick of the excess after scrubbing I just wash it off I'm a fussy madame! But hello I had to taste it out of the jar!! 
 
 
The last step I take during my skin care routine is moisturising. I previously used  the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for dry skin which is a great moisturiser which leaves the skin hydrated and moist. It is full of natural ingredients (all the Liz Earle products have natural ingredients) like avocado oil and borage oil. I ran out and wanted to try the Clinque dramatically different moisturising lotion, as I read some great reviews. After using this for a week I thought, why wasn't I aware of this absolutely amazing product before. I swear, this leaves the skin super hydrated, soft and healthy. It's very light weight and soaks into the skin instantly! Some moisturisers be so heavy in oils and get greasy but damn people this is not one of those! I've used more than half the bottle definitely a repurchase for me soon. Sorry Liz Earle but I'm a convert to Clinque for my moisturiser!   
 
 
 
 

It's extremely important to look after your skin. There was a time when I didn't and I wish I had done. I still know plenty of girls who don't who should. Here are a few rules you should follow:

- Never ever sleep with your makeup on.(I've made this mistake many times. I've gotten into a routine as soon as I get back from work I remove my makeup and leave my skin bare without any products on until I go to bed then I do all the above)

- Your skin is what you eat. Eat healthy, lots of fruits and vegetables.

- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day (I drink more than that, I have a bottle of water with me all the time).

- You need to have your beauty sleep everyday to avoid eye bags and dark circles. (sorry I don't have a eyecream in my routine as I don't have a problem with dark circles as much) 

- Your skin does not sleep at night, so have a good routine for night. 

Please note what products work for me may not work for you. You just have to keep trying and search what works for you. I tried plenty of beauty products until i found all the above. :) 



Lots of Love x

The Laze One
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12647335/?claim=4bfe2xa7fgv">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>









No comments:

Post a Comment